Protech Dental Studio
1890 Preston White Drive
Reston, VA 20191
Room Block/Shuttle reserved at the Sheraton Reston: (703) 620-9000
Fellowship Review Course
November 16-17, 2018
8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
$550 REGISTER HERE
Larry Williams, DDS, MAGD, ABGD
16 Lecture Credits, Multiple Disciplines
Fellowship Review Exam
November 18th, 2018
8:00 AM to 1:00PM
$600 (register through National, application will be emailed to you)
The Virginia AGD is pleased to offer a Fellowship Review Course and exam in 2018. The review course, with instruction provided by Larry Williams, DDS will help candidates prepare for the exam, a 252-item multiple choice test that covers accepted knowledge, techniques, and procedures in 17 different areas of general dentistry. The exam is administered in a one day, four-hour testing session. Taking this course does not guarantee that a member will pass the exam. Information on the content of the Fellowship Exam is held in strictest confidence, and as such, information regarding the overall content of the exam will not be released during the review course or to the course speaker. Candidates may refresh their knowledge of basic clinical information in the 17 areas of general dentistry covered in the exam by attending the review course. Candidates are expected to draw on their own practical experiences as they take the Fellowship Exam.
At the end of the two-day review course, attendees will have
(1) Reviewed the 17 areas of general dentistry
(2) Been provided the opportunity to discuss and explore questions pertinent to the areas reviewed
(3) Engaged other attendees to discuss the 17 areas of dentistry
(4) Been provided information about the Fellowship Exam
You must complete the following requirements to earn your FAGD Award:
- Passing the Fellowship Exam: The exam may be taken at any time during Pre-Fellowship, including New Graduates (once 90 days have passed after graduation from dental school) and either before, after or while working towards completion of the required 500 CE hours.
- Current AGD membership for three continuous years by December 31 of the year in which the application is received, to begin no earlier than the month of dental school graduation.
- A dental license has not been suspended or revoked within the last five years and is not currently under probation, suspension, or revocation.
- 500 hours of approved CE.
- Attendance at an AGD convocation ceremony, held during an AGD annual meeting, to receive the award (successful candidates are allowed three years following approval to complete this requirement).
*To register for the Exam, you must do so by completing an application and sending this along with the $600 fee to National Headquarters to sit for the exam.
It is best to FAX this application to National.
For more information go to http://www.agd.org/education-events/examawards/fellowship-award.aspx.