The Virginia AGD is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and staff. All participants including but not limited to attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, staff, and service providers, are expected to abide by this Code of Conduct during these challenging times. Its purpose is to achieve and maintain a safe and healthy environment with the objective of resuming normal operations to the extent possible.
For all on-site VAGD meetings, the following precautions are put in place:
- Temperate Screening upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer upon entrance
- Cap on maximum attendance to provide 6 ft. social distancing
- Individual boxed lunches and snacks, outdoor seating available
- Attendees agree to a Code of Conduct
Before Leaving Home
- Follow relevant guidance provided by the World Health Organization (WHO), or your local health authority.
- Adhere to government issued travel restrictions and guidance issued by the region you will be travelling to and the region you are travelling from.
- Evaluate your own health and that of people you are in close contact with; contact the Virginia AGD if you have concerns.
- Stay home if you feel sick.
On-site During the Event
- Follow guidance from your local health authority, for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses including:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Agree to have your temperature taken before entering the event venue.
- Agree to wear a mask or facial covering.
- Adhere to social distance protocols put in place by the VAGD and respect others’ personal space.
Based on current contact tracing advice from many health authorities, if you test positive for COVID-19 up to 14 days after returning home, please contact the VAGD to advise them.